Is It Time to Sell?
decision to sell a business is often a difficult one because of the
profound personal and financial impact. There are many influences which
bring business owners to this decision, including:
- Worrisome exposure to business risks often aggravated by personal guarantee on loans.
- Possible failure of the business if one or more owners become seriously ill or disabled.
- Personal preference of the owners to retire.
- Divorce or dissolution of partnership.
- Owner's desire to pursue other business interests which may be more challenging or less stressful.
- Lack of sufficient working capital.
- A need within the company for new skills, new resources, or a new philosophy to cope with ever changing economic forces, government regulations, and competition.
These are valid reasons, along with other reasons for considering a sale. They do not imply failure or willingness by the owner to accept less than a fair price for the business.
©2009-17 The Telling Group, Ltd., All rights reserved. Terms.
Site by GNC